Quick Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joes are an all-time favorite for kids and parents alike.
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 buns
- Brown ground beef, onion, and green pepper in large skillet. Drain off fat.
- Add barbecue sauce, corn, salt, and pepper and heat thoroughly.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Serve sloppy joes on buns.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.