Rio Grande Pork Tenders
Grilling and barbecuing are great, but you can't always cook outside. The spice blend in this pork tenders recipe provides lots of saucy flavor in your top-of-the-stove skillet.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 4 (4-ounce) lean tenderized pork tenderloins
- 1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) stewed tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
- 1 teaspoon chili seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, lightly brown meat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- In a medium bowl, combine undrained tomatoes, onion, olives, Brown Sugar Twin, chili seasoning, and black pepper. Spoon mixture evenly over meat.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- When serving, evenly spoon sauce over meat.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.