Roast chicken is so easy, and it's always a winner.
Serves: 12 servings
- 7-pound oven stuffer roasting chicken
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove giblets and rinse chicken inside and out. Stuff if desired.
- Place in a large roasting pan breast side up.
- Roast in the oven for 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165° using an instant-read thermometer. Add 20 to 25 minutes cooking time if chicken is stuffed.
- Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Save pan drippings to make gravy.
- The chicken can be stuffed as an option. This would be a good opportunity to use any leftover corn bread you may have in the freezer. Take all the chicken off the bones before saving in the refrigerator to help make weeknight meals easier.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.