Rosemary and Pepper Sausages with New Potatoes
Who knew rosemary, pepper sausages, and potatoes went so well together?
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 40M
Serves: Serves 4
- 8-12 good-quality pork sausages, each pricked once or twice with a fork
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into eighths
- pinch of crushed hot red pepper flakes
- leaves from a handful of rosemary sprigs
- 21/2lb (1.1kg) new potatoes, large ones halved
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Put the sausages in a roasting pan along with the onion, sprinkle with the pepper flakes and rosemary, then add the new potatoes. Season well with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the oil and toss well to coat.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice, until the sausages are golden all over and cooked through.
- Add 1 tbsp coarse-grain mustard before cooking.
- Use good-quality sausages that have a high percentage of meat and a low percentage of fat.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!