Saffron Chicken Brochettes
Ideal for a summer barbecue
Prep Time: prep 10 mins, plus marinating
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 6oz ( 175g) each, cubed
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 1 / 4 tsp crumbled saffron threads, dissolved in 1 tbsp of boiling water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- chopped basil, to garnish
- Put the chicken and onions in a large nonmetallic bowl. Whisk together the oil, lemon zest, the juice from 2 lemons and the saffron water. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and onions, mix gently, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Mix the butter and the remaining lemon juice together.
- Place an oiled rack 6in (15cm) from the heat. Preheat the broiler, and thread the chicken onto the skewers. Broil, turning occasionally, brushing with the butter mixture, about 10 minutes. Garnish with the basil and serve hot.
- prep 10 mins, plus marinating; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!