Salmon en Papillote
Heart-healthy salmon and herbs baked in a parchment paper pouch makes a quick and healthy dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 small can of anchovies, drained and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper large enough to wrap around the fish. Brush lightly with oil and place the fish in the center.
- Scatter the herbs, capers, and anchovies over the fish, and season with salt and pepper, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Fold the paper around the fish to form a secure parcel-you can staple it together-place on a baking sheet, and cook it for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- This is an impressive, but incredibly simple, recipe to prepare-an ideal choice for dinner parties. You could use foil instead of paper, but then you wouldn't want to present the fish wrapped at the table, which is part of the impact.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!