Salmon en Papillote
Cooking in a tightly sealed paper packet or papillote ensures that the cooking juices are retained and keeps the fish moist
Prep Time: prep 25 mins
Cooking Time: cook 15 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- olive oil, for the parchment paper
- 4 salmon fillets, 6oz ( 175g) each
- 4 small ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large lemon, sliced into 8 rounds
- 8 tarragon sprigs
- Cut 4 heart-shaped pieces of baking parchment large enough for the salmon to fit on one half.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). For each fillet, brush a parchment heart with olive oil. Place 1 sliced tomato on one half of the heart. Top with 1 salmon fillet, 2 lemon slices, 2 tarragon sprigs, and season with salt and pepper. Fold the heart over to enclose the fish and vegetables. Tightly crimp the edges to create a tight seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Place the parcels on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the paper browns.
- Place the salmon parcels on dinner plates. Serve immediately, with scissors so each guest can open their packet.
- prep 25 mins; cook 15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!