Salmon with Mushrooms and Bok Choy
Mushrooms and bok choy are the perfect addition to this tasty salmon recipe.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp mirin
- 2in (5cm) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 51/2oz (150g)
- 2 bok choy, quartered lengthwise
- 7oz (200g) mushrooms, halved if large
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Combine the olive oil, soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and garlic in a small bowl, and mix together well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the salmon, bok choy, and mushrooms in a roasting pan, then drizzle with the oil mixture and coat well. Put into the oven to roast for 20-25 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Serve with rice.
- If you can't get hold of mirin (Japanese rice wine), use dry sherry or omit altogether.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!