Shrimp, Broccoli, and Leek Stir-fry
Add Asian flare to this shrimp dish with ginger, soy sauce, and watercress.
Serves: serves 2
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 oz (125 g) cooked shrimp
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1-in (2.5-cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 oz (90 g) fresh watercress
- Any green vegetable, such as beans or spinach, can be used in this recipe
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat and quickly fry, but do not brown, the garlic.
- Add the broccoli, and cook for 2 minutes, then add the leek, and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the soy sauce, stock, and tomato.
- Mix the flour with 2 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste, and stir into the sauce. Cook until thickened.
- Add the shrimp, carrot, and ginger, and cook over high heat for 1 minute.
- Stir in the watercress, and serve immediately.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!