Skewered Lamb with Crispy Rosemary Potatoes
Your family will go crazy for skewered lamb and rosemary potatoes.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4
- 11/2lb (675g) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for coating lamb
- handful of fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2lb (900g) lean lamb, cut into cubes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ï¿½F (200ï¿½C). Combine the potatoes, 1-2 tbsp olive oil, and rosemary in a roasting pan. Season with salt. Using your hands, toss gently so the potatoes are evenly coated. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and crispy at the edges.
- Meanwhile, put the lamb in a bowl, and toss with a little olive oil, the lemon juice, paprika, salt, and plenty of pepper. Thread the pieces of lamb onto small skewers until they are tightly packed.
- Place the lamb skewers on top of the potatoes in the roasting pan, turning them after 5-8 minutes, and roast until they are cooked through. Serve with the potatoes and a green salad.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!