Type: Main Dishes
Instead of the usual meat and tomato sauce, put a spin on spaghetti with this quick recipe.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 3⁄4 lb. bacon
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 3⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Set a large pot to boil with water for pasta.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crispy, dry on paper towels, and crumble.
- Cook spaghetti.
- When spaghetti is done, drain, put back in the pan, and quickly toss with crumbled bacon, Parmesan cheese, sour cream, and eggs. (The hot pasta cooks the eggs.)
- Season with salt and pepper and serve to rave reviews.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.