Spaghetti Con Aglio e Olio
Garlic and a hint of spice from dried hot pepper make this a standout pasta dish.
Serves: serves 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried red chili pepper, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 lb (500 g) spaghetti or spaghettini
- 2 heaped tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic and the chili pepper until the garlic is just beginning to brown.
- Put a big serving dish in the oven to warm. Turn off the heat to the garlic and pepper mixture and add a little salt.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of well-salted, boiling water. Stir occasionally and cook until the pasta is al dente (just tender).
- Drain the pasta, put in the warmed serving dish, and add the sauce.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top, toss, and serve immediately.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!