Spaghetti with Shrimp and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary add lovely flavor to the shrimp in this dish.
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons crushed fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup crumbled nonfat or reduced-fat feta cheese
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain well, return to the pot, and toss with the olive oil if desired. Cover to keep warm.
- While the pasta is cooking, rinse the shrimp with cool water, and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick olive oil cooking spray. Add the shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, broth, wine, garlic, rosemary, and pepper, and stir to mix. Cover and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and the tomatoes have plumped. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the pasta to the shrimp mixture. Tossing gently, cook for a minute or 2, or until the mixture is heated through. Toss in the parsley, and serve hot, topping each serving with some of the feta cheese.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.