Spanish Rice, Beans, and Sausage
Spanish rice, beans, and sausage is a quick and easy low-fat dish that's filled with taste and color.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1/2 recipe white rice
- 15-Ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 14-ounce package frozen kidney beans
- 10-ounce package frozen kernel corn
- Half of a 14-ounce package Healthy Choice low-fat polska kielbasa, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Small jar mild salsa, optional
- Fat-free sour cream, optional
- Combine all ingredients except salsa and sour cream in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Top each serving with salsa and sour cream if desired.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.