Spiced Turkey and Greens Stir-fry
Spice up your stir-fry by adding spiced turkey and greens to the wok.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 25M
Serves: Serves 4
- 12oz (350g) leftover roast turkey, coarsely chopped, skin removed
- 2 heads of Asian greens such as bok choy, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2in (5cm) piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced and then cut into thin strips
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 fresh green chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- handful of fresh basil leaves, torn
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the turkey in a food processor and process, pulsing the machine on and off, until very finely chopped; be careful not to turn it into a paste. Cook the greens in a pot of boiling salted water for 3- 5 minutes or until just wilted. Drain, refresh with cold water, and drain again. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over low heat. Add the onion, and cook gently for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the ginger, garlic and chiles, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring and tossing constantly.
- Stir in the turkey. Add the soy sauce and mirin, and stir-fry for 5-8 minutes until the turkey is warmed through. Stir in the reserved greens and the basil, and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!