Spicy Lamb with Baby Potatoes
This lamb and potato dish is rich with flavor and so easy to make.
Prep Time: 25M
Cooking Time: 1H30M
Serves: Serves 6-8
- 11/2lb (675g) lean lamb, cut into 3/4in (2cm) cubes
- 3 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 10 tbsp olive oil
- 3 onions, finely diced
- 21/2lb (1.1kg) small creamer potatoes
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 6 preserved lemons, quartered and pith removed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Put the lamb, paprika, cayenne, and lemon zest in a mixing bowl, combine well, then set aside. Heat 4 tbsp of the oil in a large, heavy-based nonstick pan, add the onions, and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the lamb and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the potatoes and cook for 2 minutes, then add the parsley, garlic, thyme, rosemary, preserved lemons, and the rest of the olive oil. Combine and toss together, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cover with a lid. Place the pan in the oven and cook, stirring frequently, for 11/2 hours. Serve warm.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!