Type: Main Dishes
Spinach, Romano cheese, and a garlic-shallot mixture make this an expecially flavorful frittata.
Serves: 1 frittata
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 package spinach, washed, dried, and chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic-Shallot Mixture
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler.
- Beat the eggs with a teaspoon of water and add the spinach.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the Garlic-Shallot Mixture for 2 minutes. Add the spinach-egg mixture all at once and cook on medium heat until almost done.
- While the top is still a bit runny, sprinkle with cheese and run under the broiler until done, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright © 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.