Stuffed Shells Florentine
Type: Main Dishes
This casserole of stuffed shells can be made ahead of time. It's a yummy and heathy treat that everyone will love.
Serves: 10 servings
- 12-ounce package jumbo shells
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 32 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, plumped in hot water, drained and chopped
- 2 26-ounce jars Healthy Choice pasta sauce
- 8-ounce package Sargento Light reduced-fat shredded Italian blend cheese
- Cook shells according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl mix together the egg substitute, Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach, and tomatoes.
- Stuff the shells with the cheese mixture and place in a 9x13 inch casserole pan.
- Pour the sauce over the shells and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 40 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered.
- Add 10 minutes cooking time if casserole was made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Casseroles are great to make ahead of time to be ready when company is coming or if you need something for the babysitter to put in the oven.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.