Swordfish Skewers with Arugula Salad
Type: Main Dishes
Tender and flavorsome, these can be cooked on the grill or under a hot broiler
Prep Time: prep 15 mins, plus marinating
Cooking Time: cook 5-8 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 4 swordfish steaks, each weighing about 8oz (225g), deboned and skinned, if necessary, and cut into 1in (2.5cm) cubes
- 2 orange, yellow or red peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into 1in (2.5cm) pieces
For the arugula salad
- 1 / 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch arugula, well-rinsed and finely chopped
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, and chili powder in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the swordfish pieces and stir gently. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning the fish cubes over once.
- When ready to cook, preheat the broiler and position the broiler rack 4in (10cm) from the heat. Oil 8 long metal skewers. Thread the fish and peppers on to the skewers. Broil the skewers for 5-8 minutes, brushing with the marinade and turning occasionally, until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily. (Alternatively, cook the skewers on an outdoor grill.)
- Meanwhile, to make the arugula salad, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the arugula and toss.
- Put any remaining marinade in a small pan and boil rapidly for a minute. Serve the fish with the marinade spooned over it, accompanied by salad.
- prep 15 mins, plus marinating; cook 5-8 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!