Szechuan Peanut Noodles with Broccoli
Surprise your family with this flavorful dish of Szechuan peanut noodles with broccoli.
Serves: 4 servings
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 recipe cooked broccoli
- In a large saucepan cook the pasta in 2 quarts of boiling water for 3 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking stir together the remaining ingredients except broccoli in a small bowl. You may need to stir for a few minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Place the broccoli in a colander.
- Drain the pasta in the colander directly over the broccoli to heat up the broccoli.
- Return the drained pasta and broccoli to the pan or serving bowl.
- Add the peanut sauce and mix well to combine.
- You may omit the red pepper flakes and have adults add their own at the table.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.