Tandoori Paneer Kebabs
You will find paneer (a firm Indian cheese) and tandoori paste at Indian markets
Prep Time: prep 20 mins, plus 6-24 hrs marinating
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 3 / 4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp tandoori paste or powder
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 9oz ( 250g) paneer, cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) pieces
- 12 white mushrooms
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1 / 2 in rounds
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Mix the yogurt, tandoori paste, and lemon juice together in a nonreactive bowl. Add the paneer and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 and up to 24 hours.
- Thread the paneer cubes, red pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini onto the soaked skewers. Brush with the oil.
- Broil or grill the kebabs for about 10 minutes, until the paneer is tinged with brown. Serve hot, with lemon wedges, if desired.
- prep 20 mins, plus 6-24 hrs marinating; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!