Teriyaki Fish with Noodles
A dash of honey makes this dish a simple and sweet family favorite.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 thick-cut skinless sustainable cod fillets, about 51/2oz (150g) each
- 9oz (250g) thick or medium fresh udon noodles
- 4 scallions (green onions), sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro, leaves only
- lime wedges, for serving
For the teriyaki sauce
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1in (2.5cm) piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp mirin (rice wine) or dry sherry
- pinch of granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). To make the teriyaki sauce, mix together the soy sauce, honey, ginger, mirin, and sugar. Pour over the fish, and leave to marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Place the fish pieces in a roasting pan, and bake for 10-15 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, put the noodles in a bowl, and cover with boiling water. Leave for few minutes, then drain and toss with the scallions and cilantro. Serve with the fish and lime wedges for squeezing.
- Thin rice noodles can be used instead of the udon noodles.
- Cheat...Use store-bought teriyaki sauce-you'll find it with other Asian ingredients in most supermarkets.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!