Thai Green Chicken Curry
Type: Main Dishes
Use Thai curry paste, available at Asian markets and many supermarkets, to make this quick and flavorful dish
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 5oz ( 140g) each, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tsp Thai green or red curry paste (or more for a spicier sauce)
- 14fl oz ( 400ml) can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 large white button mushrooms, wiped and chopped
- 6 scallions, trimmed, green part only, cut into 1 / 4 in ( 5mm) slices
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until browned. Stir in the curry paste.
- Add the coconut milk and soy sauce, and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat, and stir in the mushrooms, and most of the scallions. Simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the chicken is tender, and the juices run clear when pierced with the point of a knife. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with the cilantro and remaining scallions.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!