Tofu and Vegetable Stir-fry
Bland but healthy tofu takes on savory Asian flavor in this vegetarian dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 oz (250 g) tofu
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 medium-sized carrots, sliced
- a chunk of cabbage, cut into thin wedges
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz (125 g) cashews
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- a dash of soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add the tofu, and fry lightly until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and leave on one side.
- SautÚ the onion, green pepper, ginger, and celery over medium heat until soft but not brown.
- Add the carrots and the cabbage and sautÚ for 3-4 minutes; then add the mushrooms and cashews and sautÚ for 1 minute more.
- Add the stock, return the tofu, cover, and steam until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in a dash of soy sauce.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!