Tom's Easy Cheesy Skillet
This turkey and cheese concoction, made even heartier with corn and pasta, is just perfect for growing boys and girls.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 cup)
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (12-ounce) jar Heinz Fat Free Beef Gravy
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (one 2.5-ounce jar) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked rotini pasta, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat and onion. Stir in gravy and Cheddar cheese.
- Continue cooking until cheese melts, stirring often. Add mushrooms, rotini pasta, and corn. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring often.
- 1 . A full 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta usually cooks to about 2 . Thaw corn by placing in a colander and rinsing under hot water for one minute.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.