Tortilla and Scallion Pizza
Adding a touch of sour cream to this unusual pizza makes for a magical taste.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 large soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 scallions, washed, dark green parts and roots removed, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Preheat the broiler. Place each tortilla on a baking sheet, and toast under the broiler for three minutes, turning once, until tortillas begin to brown and turn crispy.
- Carefully remove tortillas on their baking sheets from the oven, and sprinkle each with half the cheese.
- Distribute scallions and sprinkle 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder over each tortilla.
- Slide the baking sheet and tortilla back under the broiler for two to three minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.