Try this recipe, which mixes cultural influences with its rich Romano cheese.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 large soft flour tortillas
- 1 TB. olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 6 oz. Romano cheese
- 11⁄2 cups roasted red pepper, chopped into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 11⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the broiler. Place each tortilla on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler for three minutes, turning once, until tortillas begin to brown and turn crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix olive oil and garlic in a cup.
- Carefully remove tortillas on their baking sheets and rest on a heatproof surface.
- Spoon oil-and-garlic mixture over each tortilla, and spread with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle each tortilla with Romano cheese.
- Slide the baking sheet and tortilla back under the broiler for two to three minutes, until cheese begins to melt.
- Then arrange red pepper and chicken pieces over each tortilla, and broil for three additional minutes, watching closely to prevent burning.
- Salt and pepper to taste, slice on a cutting board, and serve pizza-style.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.