Tuna, Tomato, and Zucchini Skewers
These fun and easy-to-make tuna skewers are a kid-favorite.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 large tuna steaks, 4-51/2oz (115-150g) each, cut into large chunks
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- olive oil
- 1 red onion, quartered and separated
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Combine the tuna, lemon juice, and five-spice and oil in a bowl, and toss well to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thread tuna, onion, tomato, and zucchini onto skewers. Cook on a very hot grill pan for 3-5 minutes on each side until the tuna is seared and the tomatoes begin to blister. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve at once.
- Serves 4
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!