Turkey and Noodles
Everyone will love this simple yet scrumptious turkey and noodle recipe.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1lb (450g) wok-ready medium rice noodles
- 1 bunch scallions (green onions), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12oz (350g) leftover roast turkey, sliced or roughly shredded, skin removed
- 2 tbsp Asian oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce, such as nam pla
- 1 fresh hot chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 7oz (200g) bean sprouts
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the noodles, and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Toss in the scallions. Now add the garlic, and stir-fry for a few seconds more. Remove the mixture from the wok, and set aside.
- Add the turkey to the wok, and stir-fry over medium heat for a minute or so, then add the oyster sauce, fish sauce, chile, and sugar. Cook, stirring and tossing, for about 1-2 minutes just to heat through.
- Return the noodle mixture to the wok, and stir in the bean sprouts, tossing to coat with the sauce. Taste, and season well with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!