Turkey burgers are a delicious alternative to beef hamburgers, and they have a lot less fat!
Serves: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- l egg
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine onion, carrots and garlic in microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook for 2 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add turkey, egg, oats, catsup, chili powder, paprika, and pepper to vegetables. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into patties. Coat each patty with corn flake crumbs. Place patties on baking dish.
- Cook about 20 to 30 minutes until patties are golden brown and cooked throughout.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.