These turkey burgers are perfectly seasoned and delicious to eat.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 11/2lb (675g) ground turkey
- handful of fresh thyme leaves chopped
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 fresh red jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, for dusting
- olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger or other bread buns
- crisp iceberg lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- good-quality mayonnaise
- Combine the turkey, thyme, lemon zest and juice, and jalapeño in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Mix together until well blended.
- Add the melted butter and, using your hands, work the mixture until it is cohesive. Divide the mixture into four, then scoop up each portion and form into a ball. Press gently with your hands to form a patty. Dust with the flour, then refrigerate for 5-10 minutes, or until firm.
- Heat a little oil in a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry the burgers for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden on the outside and no longer pink inside. Serve in a bun with crisp lettuce, tomato slices, and a dollop of mayonnaise.
- The butter in the turkey mixture helps to bind the ingredients together.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!