Turkey Cutlets with Artichokes
Type: Main Dishes
A delicious take on the classic veal dish, this features coated cutlets topped with a tomato and artichoke sauce
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 20-25 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 / 4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 / 2 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 turkey breast cutlets, about 4oz ( 115g) each
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 / 4 cup dry white wine
- one 6oz ( 170g) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup drained canned chopped tomatoes
- few basil leaves, torn
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a plate. Dip the turkey in the seasoned flour until lightly well coated, shaking off any excess. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 of the cutlets and cook, turning once, 2-3 minutes each side, or just until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining cutlets and 1 tbsp oil.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp oil to the pan and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes, or until softened. Add the wine and bring to a boil, stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in the artichokes, tomatoes, and basil and bring to a boil. Spoon over the cutlets and serve hot.
- prep 10 mins; cook 20-25 mins
Veal Cutlets with Artichokes: If you would like to try the classic veal version, simply replace the turkey breasts with the same weight of veal cutlets and continue with the recipe, as Turkey Cutlets with Artichokesabove.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!