A great dish to barbecue
Prep Time: 20M, plus marinating
Cooking Time: 10M-12M
Serves: makes 6 servings
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp crushed hot red pepper
- 1 1/2 lb ( 675g) skinless boneless turkey breasts, cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1in ( 2.5cm) pieces
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Combine the soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a zippered plastic bag. Add the turkey and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler. Thread the turkey, peppers, and zucchini onto skewers. Broil for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Mix the yogurt, mint, and cumin; serve with the kebabs.
- soak skewers for 30 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!