Type: Main Dishes
Here's a simple but classic dish that highlights the delicate flavors of veal.
Serves: Serves 4
- 3 TB. butter
- 11⁄2 lbs. veal scallopini (A very thin cut of veal, available at the butcher and many grocery stores.)
- Salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. capers
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Season veal with salt and pepper and dredge through flour.
- Add veal to the skillet and sauté for six to eight minutes, turning once, or until cooked through.
- Add capers and lemon juice during the last minute of cooking, stirring to ensure contact with veal on all sides.
- Distribute veal to serving plates and drizzle with re-maining pan juices.
- Serve with fresh bread and a salad.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.