Type: Main Dishes
This beautiful lasagna dish will get your kids to eat their vegetables.
Serves: 6 servings
- 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 16 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8-ounce package Sargento Light reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 7-ounce jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 26-ounce jar Healthy Choice pasta sauce
- 8-ounce package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg substitute, and peppers.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan.
- Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce and spread half of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Pour 1 cup of pasta sauce over the cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of lasagna noodles topped with 1/2 cup of pasta sauce.
- Cover the pan and bake in a for 30 minutes, adding 10 minutes if lasagna was made ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
- Uncover the pan and cook for another 15 minutes.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.