Type: Main Dishes
A creamy spaghetti dish featuring your family's favorite veggies is a true tummy pleaser on a chilly fall night.
Serves: Serves: 4 (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (one 2-ounce jar) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 cups hot cooked spaghetti, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, sauté onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in mushroom soup, skim milk, Cheddar cheese, pimiento, and parsley. Continue cooking until cheese melts, stirring often.
- Add spaghetti, carrots, and green beans. Mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 1 1/2 cups broken uncooked spaghetti usually cooks to about 2 cups.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.