Wasabi Beef and Bok Choy
Spice it up with this spicy and zesty wasabi beef dish.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 10M
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 4 sirloin steaks, about 7oz (200g) each
- 7oz (200g) bok choy, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the barbecue or charcoal grill until it is hot and any flames have subsided. Mix together 1 tbsp of the olive oil and the wasabi paste. Use the mixture to coat the sirloin steaks thinly and evenly.
- Put the steaks on the barbecue and grill over high heat for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate, and leave to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the bok choy in the remaining olive oil with the garlic and soy sauce. Grill on the barbecue for 2-3 minutes until charred and just wilted.
- To serve, cut the steak into 1/2in (1cm) slices, and serve with the bok choy.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!