Western Beef Casserole
Type: Main Dishes
This one-dish meal draws ingredients from the entire food pyramid.
Serves: 8 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 6-ounce can tomato sauce
- 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups noodles, cooked
- 8-ounce can nibble! corn, drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Brown beef in large skillet. Remove beef from skillet and drain fat.
- Sauté onion and green pepper until tender. Add tomato sauce, paste and water. Bring to boil. Add meat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Layer half of the noodles, half of the meat and half of the corn in casserole dish. Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.