Zucchini and Mushroom Frittata
Type: Main Dishes
Zucchini and portabello mushrooms add mild and meaty flavors to this frittata.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots or 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise, then on the diagonal
- 1 portabello mushroom, sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and gently cook the shallots. Add the zucchini and sliced mushroom and cook until soft.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a tablespoon of water. Add the cheese and the vegetables to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add 2 more tablespoons of oil to the skillet. When the oil is hot, add the egg mixture.
- Cook on low heat until halfway done, then finish in the oven. The frittata will puff up nicely. Salt to taste.
From Eat Right for Your Baby by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo with Catherine Whitney. Copyright Â© 2004.
To order this book visit www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.