Dropped ''Buttermilk'' Biscuits
This recipe produces biscuits that are both tasty and healthy.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry milk powder, water, and vinegar. Let set for 5 minutes.
- Add baking mix. Mix well to combine until a soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by tablespoon onto an ungreased baking sheet to form 8 biscuits.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until tops start to turn golden brown.
- Lightly spray tops with butter-flavored cooking spray. Serve warm.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.