''Come and Get It'' Chuck Wagon Chili
Type: Main Dishes
Southwest versions of chili, like this one, require cubed beef.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1 full cup)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) tomatoes, chopped and undrained
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups (one 14 1/2-ounce can) Swanson Beef Broth
- 2 full cups (12 ounces) diced cooked lean roast beef
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute onion and green pepper for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef broth. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in roast beef, chili seasoning, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you don't have leftovers, purchase a chunk of cooked lean roast beef from your local deli or use Healthy Choice Deli slices.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.