Olé Taco Layered Salad
This layered turkey or beef taco salad will treat both your family's eyes and their taste buds.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 8 ounces ground 90% lean turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 3/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (3 ounces) crushed Doritos Reduced Fat Tortilla Chips
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil-flavored cooking spray, brown meat. Stir in taco seasoning and water.
- Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a 9-by-12-inch dish, layer lettuce, cooled meat mixture, tomatoes, and Cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa and sour cream. Evenly spread salsa mixture over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips evenly over salsa mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Divide into 6 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.