This festive, low-fat salad of frizzy endive and citrus vinaigrette will please your palate.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 head fris閑 (frizzy endive)
- 1 bunch watercress
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the endive, and tear into small pieces.
- Wash and dry the watercress. Remove the thickest stalks and separate into sprigs.
- Put the endive and cress in a salad bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a nonstick pan over mediumlow heat, and toss the sunflower seeds until they begin to brown.
- Remove, drain on paper towels, and add to the salad.
- Mix the rest of the oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, salt and pepper, add to the salad, and toss.
- This salad can be kept chilled for up to an hour before you serve it: cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp dish towel.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!