This appealing fruit salad with a tropical accent has been around for nearly half a century, and it still has star quality!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) pineapple chunks, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 (medium-sized) oranges, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (1 medium) sliced banana
- 2 table spoons flaked coconut
- In a medium bowl, combine undrained pineapple and coconut extract. Stir in orange chunks and sliced banana.
- Evenly spoon mixture into 4 dessert dishes.
- Top each with 1/4 teaspoons coconut.
- To prevent banana from turning brown, mix with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or sprinkle with Fruit Fresh.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.