Arugula Salad with Parmesan
Quick to prepare, this makes an excellent first
Prep Time: prep about 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 1 / 2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 / 4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 / 2 tsp salt
- 6oz ( 175g) arugula, rinsed and spun dry
- chunk of Parmesan cheese about 1 1 / 2 oz ( 45g)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt in a large non-metallic bowl. Add the arugula and toss together.
- Arrange the arugula in a serving bowl. Use a vegetable peeler to shave curls of the Parmesan over the arugula. Add a generous amount of freshly ground pepper and serve.
- prep about 10 mins
Watercress Salad: Other peppery leaves would work well in this recipe, in place of arugula. Try using watercress, endive, or radicchio, or a colorful combination, depending upon what is in season.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!