Avocado and Watercress Salad
Move over lettuce! Avocados, pine nuts, and watercress make a deliciously light salad for lunch or a healthy side dish for dinner.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 oz (30 g) pine nuts
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the watercress, discard the bigger stalks, and put the cress in a salad bowl.
- Add the avocados and the pine nuts.
- Make a dressing with the walnut oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and pour over the salad.
- Toss very gently, then chill, covered with a damp cloth, for an hour or so before eating.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!