Avocado, Walnut, and Pear Salad
This impressive salad has only a few ingredients and can be made with watercress or your choice of greens.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 2 firm, ripe pears, washed, cored, and sliced
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 oz (60 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash, dry, and trim the watercress; arrange it on four plates. On top, put alternate slices of the avocados and pears.
- Sprinkle a little of the lemon juice over the stacks to keep their color fresh. Scatter the walnuts evenly over the plates.
- Mix together the oil, the rest of the lemon juice, the salt and pepper, and pour over each salad.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!