Beef with Beets and Spinach
Leftover roast beef and beets make this simple salad the perfect start to a meal.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 12oz (350g) leftover roast beef, sliced
- 10oz (300g) fresh spinach leaves
- 1lb (450g) cooked whole beets, quartered
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- juice of 1/2 clementine or tangerine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful of fresh thyme, leaves picked
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the beef, spinach, and beets. In a small bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and citrus juice. Season well with salt and pepper.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the salad with the dressing, and scatter the thyme leaves over the top. Serve at once.
- Use freshly squeezed orange juice if you can't find clementines or tangerines.
- Cheat...For speed, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and leave out the other dressing ingredients.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!