Berry Delicious Spinach Salad
It's okay to use a bottled dressing when your salad has spinach, strawberries, and mozzarella in it!
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup diced nonfat or low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 4 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup bottled nonfat or low-fat raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans or almonds
- Place the spinach, strawberries, cheese, celery, and onion rings in a large bowl, and toss to mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to mix well.
- Divide the salad among 4 salad bowls. Top each serving with a tablespoon of the raisins and, if desired, a tablespoon of the pecans or almonds. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from The Best-Kept Secrets of Healthy Cooking by Sandra Woodruff, R.D. Copyright Ã¯Â¿Â½ 2000 by Sandra Woodruff.
To order this book go to www.penguin.com. Get a 15% discount with the coupon code FENPARENT.