A moderate amount of real bacon won't hurt you, and it will add a rich, smoky flavor to this satisfying BLT salad!
Serves: Serves: 6 (1 cup)
- 4 1/4 cups finely shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons Hormel Bacon Bits
- 1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Kraft fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomatoes, onion, Cheddar cheese, and bacon bits.
- In a small bowl, combine Thousand Island dressing, mayonnaise, and pickle relish.
- Add dressing mixture to lettuce mixture.
- Toss gently to combine. Serve at once.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.